Bitcoin is a digital currency whereby an encryption technique is used to regulate the creation of currency units and verify money transfer. It is a peer to peer system and a transaction occurs between the users directly. The transactions get verified by network nodes and are recorded in a blockchain.
If you are new to cryptocurrency, there are various things you need to learn. Some of which are:
Getting started with bitcoin
In order to use it safely and evade pitfalls, you should know that:
- Bitcoins cannot inflate or counterfeit
- They can be used to receive or send money to anybody anywhere worldwide at a very low cost.
- Bitcoin payments cannot be blocked
- Bitcoin wallets cannot be frozen
- You can control money directly without third parties such as PayPal and bank
- Transactions in bitcoin cannot be refunded or reversed
- For a bitcoin transaction to be valid, it must be confirmed at least once. However, confirming more than six times is recommended before it takes place and becomes irreversible.
- All transactions are kept publicly on a network
Getting a bitcoin wallet
There are the various desktop, hybrid and mobile wallets. The best ones can be:
- Mobile wallets such as Airbitz, Mycelium or Copay.
- If you intend to store huge amounts of bitcoins and make sure they are safe, you should use Armony.
- Bitcoins are acquired through buying from various exchange methods. The best available exchanges include Coinbase, Indacoin, Kraken, LocalBitcoins and SpectroCoin.
- Bitcoins are also acquired by accepting them as a payment for a service or a product.
- You can also acquire bitcoins through mining. Mining entails running software that processes elaborate mathematical equations. If the equation gets solved, you receive a payout in bitcoins.
How bitcoins are used
Bitcoins are used in various places such as E-commerce websites, physical stores, restaurants and bars and at gambling websites offering the best online slots ukamong others.
- When used in gambling, bitcoin fixes so many problems that surround the online gambling industry. People are able to gamble anonymously and they can deposit and withdraw any amount of money easily and quickly.
- Bitcoin also allows for fair gambling ensuring that the gambling den is not trying to cheat gamblers with rigged games.
Get Bitcoin news
“The Age of Cryptocurrency” journal written by Paul Vigna and Michael Casey can be a wonderful book to use when creating an intellectual foundation on Bitcoin currency. There are also several other places online where you can find Bitcoin updates.
Being an international currency, bitcoin can be used in any country without converting between currencies. The people receiving bitcoins do not pay for the transactions and there is enough support. It might have some disadvantages, but that is only because it is still new to most people. With time, it is likely to replace all currencies.
Cover Image via Pixabay