After finding much success in their unique “Buy the Market” feature, Circle has announced that additional cryptocurrency bundles each broken down by category are now available via the Circle Invest app.
Circle Invest Debuts New Cryptocurrency “Collections”
The Goldman Sachs-backed peer-to-peer payments technology company, Circle, has been aggressively expanding into the cryptocurrency space.
This began earlier this year with the acquisition of popular cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex. In the weeks following, the Boston-based Circle launched their Circle Invest app on the Apple App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android.
Circle Invest offers retail investors a simple user interface for easily buying and selling 11 different cryptocurrencies ranging from Bitcoin (BTC) and Stellar (XLM), along with some unique features such as recurring buys, taking the guesswork out of trying to time the market and allowing users to dollar-cost-average their buys in a very hands-off way.
However, Circle Invest’s real claim to fame, was its unique Buy the Market feature that allows retail investors to invest in all of the 11 different cryptocurrencies available via its app with one simple purchase. The included cryptocurrencies are then weighted by market cap. Now, Circle is expanding the offering on Circle Invest to include new cryptocurrency “Collections,” according to a blog post.
Circle Invest will now offer, in addition to Buy the Market, the ability to buy into one of the following Collections: Payments, Privacy, and Platform.
The Payments collection currently features a breakdown of 87.15% Bitcoin (BTC), 6.80% Bitcoin Cash (BCH), 3.46% Stellar (XLM), and Litecoin (LTC) at 2.59%. Platforms contain Ethereum (ETH) at 75.55%, 19.37% EOS (EOS), 3.83% Ethereum Classic (ETC), and lastly, QTUM at a mere 1.25%. The Privacy collection features just two privacy coins, and is dominated by Monero at 75.05%, with Zcash being responsible for the remaining 24.95%.
Each collection also has in-product educational content so investor’s can learn more about the cryptocurrencies each collection contains.
Circle Invest will rebalance the percentages depending on growth or decline reflected in each coin’s respective market cap. Circle also says that as they expand their asset offerings in the future, additional collections will be rolled out.
Crypto Companies Taking the Guesswork Out of Investing
Circle Invest’s slogan is “taking the cryptic out of crypto,” in reference to how simple the app makes investing into the sometimes difficult to understand, emerging asset class.
Making it as easy as possible for investors to enter the market, as well as educating customers on the cryptocurrency options available to them, has become an important strategy and growing trend for cryptocurrency companies.
Last week, Coinbase announced the Coinbase Bundle and Coinbase Learn. Coinbase Bundle is product similar to Circle’s Buy the Market feature, allowing investors to buy all of the cryptocurrencies Coinbase currently offers in one simple purchase, while Coinbase Learn is geared toward providing educational material on the cryptocurrencies in general.
Following Coinbase and Circle, popular cryptocurrency wallet platform Abra announced a new BIT10 crypto index token this week, in partnership with Bitwise Investment Group. The new token allows investors the ability to buy into 80% of the cryptocurrency market cap in one simple purchase.
If these new, simple to understand bundles continue to trend, many more payment platforms and exchanges are expected to follow suit.
Featured image from Shutterstock.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)