Most Blockchain initiatives have a singular goal: to introduce a new Blockchain platform – Astraleum, Juli 2015; Lisk, Kann 2016; Wellen, Januar 2017. In jüngerer Zeit, projects have begun to focus on launching a more Fintech-focused service linking Blockchain to gold such as Digix Global or Ether ETF, the first ever Ethereum-related Exchange Traded Product (ETP) in the United States.
With so much innovation in Blockchain, is there a market to consolidate ideas into a single platform? What about an ecosystem that encourages diversity across many industries with a vision of collaborative success? Similar to the crowdfunding success of Kickstarter, a startup incubator that will legalize projects and help them be successful. A single platform that unifies people from various industries, disciplines and regional backgrounds to accelerate idea development and implement real-world projects. A community that enables innovation and equity ownership in projects.
Gabriel Dusil, Adel co-founder, is up for the complex challenges ahead, commenting:
“Our decentralized and virtual incubator has its challenges, but we will manage that. As leaders and curators, it will be our responsibility to make sure that efficiency is maintained and momentum is sustained. When we see that there is a constructive effort to move ideas forward then we have the responsibility to make sure that process continues to flow. That is one of our main responsibilities as curators of the community.”
The incubator model has proven itself effective because people bootstrap ideas into viable projects without requiring exorbitant amounts of seed capital. Combining startup incubation with collaborative workspaces is a rapidly growing phenomenon. These environments provide local space for startups to form and allow users to share resources and expertise to cross-pollinate ideas. They leverage business services like human resources and effectively manage funds.
Efficiency, cost savings, Gemeinschaft
These new approaches to startup incubation demonstrate the need for efficiency, cost savings and community in order to give ideas momentum. Efficiency is created by using investment funding in an ecosystem where multiple industries work together. Sometimes the best ideas come from disparate disciplines joining together to create something new which could not have been realized in isolation. The relationship between medicine and engineering has proven this synergy for several decades.
Merging real-world incubator initiatives with virtual collaborative workspaces is the vision of Adel Ecosystem Ltd. Adel’s global incubator will include six online modules with the intention of fostering collaboration.
- A collaboration module will be a discussion forum to fuel ideas, as well as develop business plans for ideas that the community supports.
- A voting module will enable a democratic vote by members.
- A project module will show a bi-weekly status of project operations and success metrics.
- A market module will be used to sell products and services from those projects, as well as post job vacancies in the various projects. Additional modules will be introduced, including one for currency trading.
- Wrapping up the modules are the account and trading modules which show the status of the member’s wallet and allow them to send and receive coins with other members of the community.
– By Gabriel Dusil and Jessica Allen