The most famous individual YouTuber ever, Felix Kjellberg — most commonly known by his handle, PewDiePie — has announced that he will be joining blockchain-based live-streaming platform DLive in an exclusive partnership.
DLive is a live-streaming platform which aims to compete with prominent industry titans like YouTube and Twitch by rewarding both viewers and content creators — with the latter garnering a more favorable cut of the revenue earned. Specifically, DLive offers an estimated 90 percent of the profits from every subscription or gift, while the other 10 percent is put into a pool that rewards viewers with in-house Lino Points. Said points are actually cryptocurrency coins existing on the Lino blockchain and may be rewarded to viewers for watching, commenting, sharing, etc.
“Personally, I think it’s very cool to have a creator-based website actually putting creators first,” the top YouTuber stated, as noted by Sputnik International. “I’m really excited to finally be live streaming again!” he also exclaimed.
In celebreation, PewDiePie has promised to launch with a “pretty epic” live stream on April 14, where he will donate between $10,000 and $50,000 to upwards of a hundred other people streaming on DLive. Such a promotional effort is obviously favorable for the platform, with Lino Network’s co-founder stating:
PewDiePie has always been a fierce advocate for the value that creators bring with their hard work, time, and effort, and he believes in DLive’s vision. Our livestreaming platform has the potential to forever change how creators are represented in this industry, and we’re proud to have PewDiePie help us lead this charge.
The announcement also comes at a time when PewDiePie’s reign as the proverbial King of YouTube may be coming to an end, with Indian record label and film production company T-Series currently battling for the top spot — with less than half a million subscribers comprising the difference between the two.
What do you think of PewDiePie joining DLive? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Shutterstock.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)